As I think about a faculty member who I could see helping me grow and learn more about ag business. I would have to think that right now it would be my adviser Ebby Luvaga. I think that Ebby would be able to help me because I already had an orientation class with her, that showed the possibilities in ag business. Also with Ebby being my adviser she is already trying to help me get the best experience with classes and is always there to help me, like getting a tutor for a class.
Another faculty member who could also help me grow in the future would be Dr. Deiter. Dr. Deiter is the adviser to upperclassmen in ag business and also the adviser to the ag business club. He would be helpful because he also has a class about how to polish resumes and how to find jobs in the real world.
I think that it will be important to find a mentor as a freshman, but it can be hard. You are trying to find someone who has had similar experiences and also in the same degree or college. I haven't been able to a mentor yet but as my college career continues I should be able to find someone who would be a good mentor.
Overall I think that it is important to know who can help you through college, if it is a faculty member or a mentor. One way or another one of those is going to give you advice on classes to take or how to get the best experience out of a class.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you like economics because that major has a lot of that to take.
ReplyDeleteThat is great that you have two ideas for mentors. Both sounds like they would be very helpful to you and be able to answer your questions.
ReplyDeleteI agree in that it can be challanging to find a mentor as a freshman. There's so many people to choose from.
ReplyDeleteHaving a couple of mentors in mind is great. Each might be a better mentor for certain things.
ReplyDeletei think its hard to find a mentor as a freshman, but i dont think you necessarily need to. I mean for now you have an advisor and you can make friends and aquaintences but a mentor is something you have to build up to and not rush
ReplyDeleteBeing connected with your advisor is something that is willl be very helpful. By the end of your college career, your advisor will probably know more about you than most faculty members just because they are constantly assisting you with things.
ReplyDeleteYou have a great understanding of what you want for a mentor. You are definately on the right track. It is also a good thing to be connected with your advisor. They are the person you can turn to the most.
ReplyDeletei really like my advisorr too and since we'll be seeing them quite a bit i think that is a solid choice for a mentor
ReplyDeleteYour advisor is a good person to have as a mentor.
ReplyDeleteI wish I knew two people I could choose as mentors right now. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete